Friday, June 3, 2011

Stuffed Burger with Bacon and Cheese

So I have Brandon Chestnut to thank for this...I saw this awesome kitchen toy on one of his posts on Twitter. It is a Stuffed Burger Press from William Sonoma. I have to say this makes the best tasting burgers that I have had in a long time. AlsoServed with my personal favorite beer Yuengling Lager.

Yuengling is the oldest brewery in the country based in Pennsylvania. They make a Lager, Black and Tan, Porter, and of course a Light Beer. I have not had a single bad beer from them, but they have a major flaw in their beer...it is not sold in Michigan. I was recently in Pa for work and brought back enough for me and a few friends. If you ever get out to the east coast definately try this beer. There is a reason they have been around since 1829.

 I made 2 different version of these since Julie loves mushrooms and I allergic to them. One is stuffed with mushrooms, garlic and swiss cheese and the other is Sweet Baby Ray's and Chedder cheese




Stuffed Burgers with Bacon and Cheese

1 lb Ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup Cracker crumbs (try different kinds of crackers)
1 clove of Garlic
Salt
White Pepper
1-2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

Mushroom Filling (enough for 2 burgers divided)
1 Button Mushroom top diced
1 Slice of Swiss diced
1 small clove of garlic diced

BBQ Chedder Filling (enough for 2 burgers divided)
3 Tbsp Honey Chilpote Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
2-4 Tbsp Shredded Chedder

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Divide into 8 equal balls. Cover each side of the burger press with plastic wrap and press burgers into it.  Fill with your choice of filling and grill to your preference. top with choice of cheese and fully cooked bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment