Sunday, February 14, 2010

First Recipe (sort of) Homemade Dog Food

So here is my first recipe post. It is for Homemade Dog Food. Julie and I have 2 Dogs (Zeus (6 yr old pure breed Golden) and Indy (9 yr old Golden-Australian Shepard Mix)) Well Indy has a food allergy to dog food so our vet wants us to try homemade dog food. The big thing I have read is to not put seasoning in it. There are some recipes out there that and I took what I could to create ours so here it is...

Homemade Dog Food
Makes about 1 week of 2 cups per day
5 whole Carrots Cut into piece
1-2 Potatoes cubed
2 cups of Minute Rice (made per box instructions)
2 lbs. of hamburger

Boil Carrots and Potatoes for about 5-10 minute just to soften
Cook Hamburger thoroughly
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.

Reheat 1 cup for 45 second before serving per preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment